NATIONAL LEGAL ESSAY COMPETITION 2020
Open to students of the 3 year LL.B. Course, or the 5 year Integrated Law Courses, or the LL.M. Course.
Only one submission per author is permitted. Multiple submissions shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Co-authorship by a maximum of two authors is allowed.
There are certain broad themes based on which the submissions can be made
1) Human Rights
3) Constitutional Law
4) Women and Law
5) Commercial Laws
6) Alternate Dispute Resolution
7) Intellectual Property rights
Submissions must be only in English
Submissions should be the original work of the authors; plagiarism beyond 20% shall lead to disqualification.
The names and affiliation of the authors must not be mentioned anywhere in the paper. A Participant Code shall be provided after registration. Eg “JR NLEC 02”. Only that is to be mentioned in the paper. Every team shall be given a separate code.
Word limit – 1200-3000(inclusive of footnotes)
The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 font size, 1.5 line spacing
The footnotes should be typed in Times New Roman, 10 font size, 1.0 line spacing
The margins should be 1″
All text must be justified
Citations can be in any uniform format.
All submissions must be made at email@example.com With the Subject as “Submissions for NLEC 2020”.
The Body of the email should specify the Participant code.
The essay should be attached to the mail in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
200 INR for single author,
300 INR for co-authored essays.
Kindly download the receipt of the payment or take a screenshot since it will be required during filling the registration form.
Registration must be done only through the google form here - https://forms.gle/LYNPLPQphRxdCWrQ8
1. 1st Prize : 2000 INR + Certificate of Merit.
2. 2nd Prize : 1500 INR + Certificate of Merit.
3. 3rd Prize : 1000 INR + Certificate of Merit.
4. Top 10 submissions shall get ranked certificates of merit.
5. Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants.
Payment to be done via Gpay at 9836356217
Or by Account Transfer
Account number – 09052043000196
Account holder’s name – Rishav Ray
IFSC – PUNB0090510
Last Date to Register – 20 December 2020.
Last Date for Submission – 30 December 2020
Results – 15 January 2021 (Tentative)
Results shall be declared on our Website.
1. Works which have been published elsewhere shall be disqualified. However after the competition is over, the authors are free to send their essays for publication elsewhere if they want to.
2. Registration has to be done compulsorily through the google form provided. The Participant codes shall be provided within 4 days after registration.
3. A panel of evaluators shall be constituted to evaluate the essays and select the winning entries. The decision of the Panel shall be final and binding.
4. The organisers reserve the right to cancel/disqualify any of the entry if found in violation of the guidelines for Submission.
For any query, participants may drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Contact on – 6361137039